Friday, September 19, 2014

Movin' on Westward

I know I've been remiss for the last 3 days. I've heard via email from several of you who want to know what's happening with the "On the Loose" gang. I really appreciate your nudges...that's how I know that it's really worth it for me to post these blogs.





As I type, we're nearing Cleveland, Ohio, on our way for a full day's visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum. We've been looking forward to this ever since our friends Dermot and Christine Millar told us about it several years ago. So I owe you a complete description upon our return.

We arrived in Ohio last night and are camped on the shore of Lake Erie, at a state park called Geneva on the Lake. It's lovely...we're nestled in among tall hardwood trees. We even had a flock of wild turkeys in our campsite this morning.


So we'll be contrasting the rural and urban today, trying our skills at negotiating traffic in the big city of Cleveland. In addition to describing today's museum on our return to camp, I'll also fill you in on the Glenn Curtiss Museum of Aviation, where we spent 5 awe-inspiring hours a few days ago in Hammondsport, New York. 

But for now, I'll close and help Curt watch for road signs as we get closer to the city. I just wanted to touch base with you quickly and let you know we're alive and well....VERY well!

Look out Cleveland, here we come!


No comments: