Friday, January 16, 2015

Late for Yoga Class!

Just a quick post... Last night I left work in time to get to my yoga/stretching class at the gym, which is on my way home. I was stopped dead in my tracks, however, by the evening light on the Bay. Couldn't help myself; I had to pull over and snap a few photos. I don't know when I've seen the bay so glassy and reflective, since we almost always have breezes that ruffle the surface of the water. Here are the sights I enjoyed:

Key Allegro. George Strait's house is in there somewhere. Sometime soon I'll get you some photos of that:


I love how the water picks up the reflection of the sky:


There was a whole raft of canvasback ducks. These are the first I've seen this year:



And my good fisherman friend, enjoying the late evening hours in solitude, with only his reflection for company:



Once back home, after dinner we took down the Christmas tree. The City of Fulton has removed the Christmas lights and decorations that we had in our view (so sad...we'd come to really enjoy all the festive lights we used to have!):


Now you just see black silhouettes of Palm trees when you look out at night. 

So we took the cue and removed our tree, named Feliciano, from the corner that he so beautifully lit up for the past month. A few years ago we discovered that we can leave his lights and ornaments on, and squeeze his branches upward and wrap him up tight with cling wrap. Then he's a snap to put in place next year!

Before:


During:


And after. One last embrace for our wintertime friend before he goes into storage. Adios, Feliciano, see you next year!

Now Christmas is officially over at the Shirer beach cottage. But our gratitude for Christ's gift to us will last all year!

No comments: