Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Music Room/Art Room/Guest Room Finished: Come Stay and Play!

Hurrah! yesterday Curt and I finally finished moving into our last room in the house! It's a multi-functional room...housing most of my painting, drawing and mixed media supplies for art, many of my musical instruments, and a queen-sized bed for overnight guests (or, between guests, overflow projects!).

Here's the view as you enter the guest room...a subtle hint that there's more than just a bed in there!


If you're looking for a minimalist, totally serene, all-natural-hues, earth-child type of visiting experience, this isn't your place. Maybe you want to rent a cottage or condo. In this space, if you have insomnia, no problem! (And probably no wonder!) If you're lying on your back looking up at the ceiling...


... and you feel artistic, roll off the bed to your right. You'll find this wonderful repurposed chest that I found in a local "antique" shop, filled with all kinds of supplies to keep you painting, drawing, coloring, journaling, or just happily playing all night long.



If you're wide awake because some tune keeps running through your head, roll off to your left and choose your weapon to accompany that tune:


Don't bring a raft of hanging clothes when you come to visit. The closet, which looks like a nice, normal clothing storage space from the outside...


...actually houses a library of music instruction books, videos and teaching aids. No room to hang even one T shirt in there!


A closer look at the chromatic clock gives you a hint that someone a little different lives here. Currently it's almost C# after D in the afternoon. 


 Last night as I was puttering around, putting the final touches on the studio, Curt poked his head in and said, "What do you think about starting some dinner? It's already G# until G." It took me a while to figure out what in the world he was talking about!

So there you have it! The space where I'll be spending many days (and probably quite a few nights). I started it off right. Last night, 10 minutes after we got in bed, Curt was already peacefully snoring away (well, not really snoring...just breathing VERY deeply and evenly). My head was whirling with all the colors and textures from my work in the studio. So I tiptoed out of the bedroom and closed myself in the studio and spent two happy hours leafing through art magazines, and drawing with my colored pencils. That precipitated a fun project this morning of organizing my colored pencils in color groups. Curt's always amazed that I can have just as much fun playing with my supplies as I can creating something with them. But I've talked to enough other creative souls to know I'm not the only one in that category!


Now we have only a couple of days until our first company comes to take advantage of the new guest room/ playroom. Will you be next?

No comments: