Friday, April 29, 2016

Moving Day

Whew! That was WORK!!!!
We arrived in Kerrville at 11 p.m. It's now almost 1 a.m. and I'm too keyed up to sleep, so I thought I'd write a blog post. 

Even though it was a lot of work, we also had a lot of fun while we were doing it, and our prayers were answered for the safety of everyone involved. We started at 6 a.m. and finally drove out of the driveway at 6 p.m. During those 12 hours I was too busy to take many photos, but I have a few for you.

Here's how I started my day: 


Too bad my Fitbit isn't the model that records flights of steps...I might have set a record today!

Our friend Carlos arrived at 10 a.m. with his helper Donald, after driving 5 hours from Kerrville. Later 2 more helpers came from Corpus Christi to pitch in. At least this time gravity was working in their favor. It's a lot easier taking things down all those stairs than it was when they brought it all in last year!!



 Careful with that Clavinova!!!


I thought I worked hard! These guys REALLY labored! Fortunately it wasn't too hot (low 80's) but the humidity was near 100%. We were all drenched all day!!


Here's the metamorphosis of our guest room/art studio/ music room over the past year:

When we rented the place it looked like this:

After we moved in and set up, it changed to this:



Just this morning it looked like this:


And tonight it looks like this:


Tomorrow it'll be completely different, because our new friends Ernie and Dixie will be moving in. Hope they enjoy the place as much as we did! I can't wait to return to Rockport and stop by to see how the house looks with all their things in it!

The worst part of the move is over, but there's still plenty to do. We haven't unloaded the moving van yet! Carlos has things to do tomorrow (I guess it's really today, since it's after 1 a.m.!), so we have to wait till Sunday to unload and move everything into the house. Actually, that's just fine with us. That'll give us a lighter day between the two hard-working ones. We can just unload my car and Curt's truck tomorrow, and then rest a bit, since Sunday won't be much of a day of rest this week. There's always next week for that!

Ok, I think I'm sleepy enough now. Goodnight from Kerrville.

No comments: