Tuesday, June 10, 2014

First Night Out....Roughing It!

Whew! We finally finished moving out of our sweet little cottage this morning around 11. Here's the little place we've enjoyed for a year and a half. 


We had a couple of hours to wait until I could take my car to the home of friends who will be keeping it in their garage for a few months. So I went to my favorite Kerrville store: the quilting shop, Creations...the first time In two months I've had time to browse in a store. What fun it was!


Now here we are at 8 pm, and THIS is my type of camping!!! We just finished soaking for 2 hours in the hot tub, had a nice shower, and we're going to prop up in bed and watch a movie before we crash in our comfy "Garden Room" at the Mt. Gainor B&B outside of Wimberley, Texas. I know. I'm surprised, too.

As we left Kerrville this afternoon, I asked Curt where he thought we might be camping tonight. He informed me that after 2 months of packing, hauling stuff, moving out of and cleaning 2 houses, arranging and rearranging all the stuff in the camper that we think we'll need for the next who-knows-how-many months, there was NO WAY he was setting up the camper tonight for just a single night's stay, only to repack it all in the morning. So here we are, first night out, living in luxury. I do love a man who's flexible!

There will be plenty of camping over the next few months, but for tonight I'm looking forward to a comfortable bed and a delicious breakfast cooked by someone else tomorrow morning. We're off to a great start

No comments: